Friday, August 16, 2013

Framework

   So after speaking with my son one night about the lack of robots in our lives, we decided to build an R2 unit. A quick google search led me to a entire community of builders that specializes in this particular aspect of Star Wars prop creation. http://astromech.net/ is the location.

 Using some plans that I was able to obtain from the R2 builders group on yahoo and my shop I was able to begin fabrication on our own Astromech droid.


 This is the framework so far, I went and filled in some of the joint gaps with putty and am currently working on sanding them down, once that is done I will be painting the entire frame blue in prep for the styrene skin that I was able to purchase through the R2 builders site from user Joymonkey.


No comments:

Post a Comment